Voting for the M&IT Awards 2019 is now open.
As the world’s first international luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has been pioneering travel across the globe for more than 70 years. We are proud to share both international know-how and local cultural wisdom with our guests at every one of our hotels — from historic buildings to city landmarks and immersive resorts.
M&IT Awards 2019 Voting Prize
The winner of the M&IT Awards 2019 voting prize will receive a delightful cultural immersion into Thailand, and what a journey we have for you! The adventure starts with a London – Bangkok return flight for two to experience a breath-taking 9 nights voyage as follows;
*3 night stay at InterContinental Bangkok
*3 night stay at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
*3-night stay at soon to open InterContinental Phuket Kamala Beach Resort
To complement your stays, we will usher you via private chauffeur from the airport to each property, and organise your flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui and Phuket. Buffet breakfast, a dining experience at each hotel (one lunch or dinner excluding alcoholic beverage), and an InterContinental Spa experience will be included.
Finally, our partner DMC Destination Asia has planned a full day activity in each destination (please refer below for full programme).
Welcome to the City of Angels, InterContinental Bangkok is located in the heart of this vibrant and cultural city. Our facilities offers one of the largest capacities to host events in town with 381 rooms & suites, and a ballroom over 860sqm. InterContinental Bangkok provides ultra-modern luxury and a true cosmopolitan escape, with authentic Thai hospitality.
Our exclusive 37th-floor Club InterContinental, will let you enjoy spectacular views of the city while being provided bespoke service. You will also appreciate our culinary offering with 6 dining options entertained by our renowned and experienced team of chefs using the freshest local ingredients.
Our prime location, ease of access to landmarks, proximity to Chao Phaya River, Historical Shrines & Temples, Culture & Entertainment provide guests a perfect occasion to immerse themselves in the beautiful Thai culture.
We are located 40mn drive from Suvarnabhumi International Airport, with also direct access to the Airport Link via the modern Sky Train BTS adjacent to the hotel.
InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort is an exclusive enclave of just 79 Thai-inspired guest rooms, suites and villas, each featuring a private balcony with spectacular sunset views over the Gulf of Thailand, the nearby Five Islands and Ang Thong National Marine Park.
Well-loved by discerning travellers throughout the years, the legend of Baan Taling Ngam, our ‘Home on the Beautiful Cliff’, can be privatised for sole use on request to host your events.
Enjoy one of the resort’s seven swimming pools, which include the island’s most spectacular infinity pool, or treat your body and soul at the holistic Baan Thai Spa by Harnn.
World class all-day dining at Amber restaurant offers contemporary Thai, Asian and international flavours, while our signature venue Air Bar serves creative cocktails facing the best sunsets on the island.
InterContinental Phuket Kamala Beach Resort
Luxury cultivated in Siamese tradition, soon to debut as the latest Pearl on Phuket Island in Quarter Four 2018, InterContinental Phuket Kamala Beach Resort will be a haven that encapsulates all you wish for in a tranquil retreat.
Nestled in an enclosed bay surrounded by forested hills, this gem of a location is poised to be one of the finest hideaways in Phuket with 221 rooms, suites and villas featuring hill, lagoon or ocean views. Up to 200 guests can be accommodated for your events in an elegant blend of rich and earthy tones.
Destination Asia activity day details:
Full Day Unique Lifestyle and Culture Experience
For many visitors, this is truly a once in a lifetime experience that will certainly never be forgotten. As we make our way through the Maeklong market where is amazingly positioned directly on the working railway tracks. You can follow the track and see sellers laying their goods against the line. Whenever a train approaches the awnings and shop fronts are move back from the rails, to be replaced once the train has passed!
Then continue to Damnern Saduak, one of the unusual floating markets in the area where ones can observe local trading from small river boats in its authenticity. Here, the canals are filled with small flat boats loaded with fruit, vegetables and other goodies for sale. This colorful market environment is guaranteed to be great fun. And don’t forget to buy something! Lunch at a local restaurant before heading back to Bangkok.
Last but not least, visit one of the oldest temples in Bangkok to attend the Monk’s Blessing Ceremony. The monks will chant their mantras and sprinkle holy water to bring good luck to the participants while you will present offerings to them in return. Gain insight into the lives of monks, the various ceremonies and the importance of monks in Thai society.
Full Day Island Explorer
Tiny Koh Tao is a turtle-shaped island, 58 km from Koh Samui and named after its peculiar shape, which resembles a kidney bean or abstract turtle shell. The major attraction is its superb offshore diving. Excellent visibility, a wide range of diving sites and a rich variety of coral and marine life make for some of the most rewarding diving in the country. The main dive sites are Green Rock, Chumphon Pinnacle and Southwest Pinnacle. Many sites are suitable for beginners thanks to the shallow inshore bays and clear waters. The island itself is rugged, with dense forest inland, while along the east and west coasts there are fine sandy beaches.
Just to the northwest of Koh Tao lie three immensely scenic islands known collectively as Koh Nang Yuan. Linked by sandbars and surrounded by coral, they are a delightful place to linger for a few days. There will be ample time for swimming, snorkelling around the coral reefs, and sunbathing on the unspoilt beaches. Lunch is served on the island.
Full Day Phang Nga Jungle Adventure
Prepare yourself for an amazing jungle adventure in Phang Nga’s Ton Pariwat Wildlife Sanctuary – one of southern Thailand’s great scenic attractions. The Sanctuary has an abundance of spectacular greenery ranging from bamboo to rattan overhangs, lianas, swaying palms and tropical flora. Begin the day with a splash of adrenaline. Climb onto rafts for a fun ride down river and over white-water rapids. As you speed downstream through a tree-lined jungle valley, prepare to get wet during this exciting start to a wonderful adventure.
A sumptuous Thai set lunch is waiting for the group at the jungle camp before you continue into some superbly picturesque areas via all-terrain vehicles (ATV). Follow your guide and explore the countryside along natural tracks and trails. Zoom through forest greenery and find yourself on gorgeous remote beaches. This unusual adventure tour allows you to explore unspoiled areas far removed from the hustle and bustle of regular tourist spots. Get ready for the ride of a lifetime!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Private chauffer transfers are included in Thailand from the Airport to each the three InterContinental Hotels & Resorts listed only
- There is no cash alternative to the prize & spending money is not included, nor prize resell possibility
- Full holiday & trip & Activity & Health insurance coverage is not included and must be purchased before travel for prize to be redeemed – IHG will not be liable for any incident caused by not respecting the travel insurance clause for health & safety reason in the interest of the 2 traveller’s welfare (over 18 years of age to claim the prize)
- The prize is subject to availability, cannot be taken during peak seasons, and cultural festive season, and cannot be confirmed until 90 days prior to departure. Latest date to claim the prize is 10 October 2019
- Once dates are confirmed there will be an administration fee for any changes made to the reservation. This fee varies in accordance with the changes
- The prize must be taken and travel completed before 19 December 2019 (no extensions possible)
- The prize winner are for Industry UK MICE buyers, and not eligible for supplier or contractors
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts reserve the right to relocate prize winners from the stated resort to an alternative resort if rooms become unavailable for the travel dates requested
- The prize is strictly non-transferable, non-refundable, and is subject to InterContinental Hotels & Resorts normal terms and conditions
- Mini bar and room services incidentals, extra services and activities not included in the prize during the winners stay are to be covered by the guests upon check out
- Return Economy Direct flight London to Bangkok provided (Government, authority and airport charges Taxes/Fees/Charges are not covered in the prize and at own expense), the rest of the fare will be covered by InterContinental Hotels & resorts (excluding excess luggage)Economy Internal flight fare to be fully covered by InterContinental Hotels & Resorts (Bangkok to Koh Samui, Koh Samui to Phuket, Phuket to Bangkok) – Except for excess luggage
For further details contact Area Director of Sales & Marketing – IHG Thailand, Mr Gregory Preslier email@example.com