Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board
Meet Los Angeles: The entertainment capital of the world, Los Angeles rolls out the red carpet for meetings and events, from intimate gatherings to large-scale soirees. L.A. is a collection of distinct neighbourhoods, each one a destination in itself, filled with unique experiences, acclaimed dining, endless entertainment and world-class attractions.
The Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board (L.A. Tourism) is the city’s official tourism marketing organization and offers a wealth of resources, knowledge, information and complimentary services to simplify your life:
- Destination and hotel brand insights
- Connections to hotels, venues, DMC’s, restaurants, and transportation
- Source hotels and venues
- Assist in discovering Los Angeles with an array of region-specific, diverse product, from Hollywood and Downtown to the Valley, Westside and Beach Cities
- Coordination of site inspections, pre/post-convention tours (specifically supporting costs for transportation upon arriving in the city)
- Recommend ideas for itineraries and activities
The L.A. Tourism team supports meeting and convention planners on an impartial basis. They assist in the bidding process for (international) conventions, advise you in identifying the perfect venue and service provider for your event and arrange hotel allocations. You benefit from an experienced team, a broad network of contacts and free-of-charge services.
Why choose Los Angeles:
- Accessibility – LA offers unparalleled access for domestic and international travel. LAX is undergoing a 14 billion modernisation program including the state-of-the-art Tom Bradley International Terminal, which opened in 2013.
- Diverse Hotel Landscape – 1,023 hotels and 102,000 hotel rooms with prices and styles that vary from value to trendy to luxury
- Endless Meeting Options – Los Angeles offers more museums and cultural institutions than any other city in the U.S. making it one of the creative capitals of the world. These unique spaces make the perfect backdrop for meetings and events.
- Perfect Weather – 292 sunny days per year with average temperature of 24 degrees
3 Things To Know about Los Angeles:
- Flying time: 11 hours direct from London
- GMT: – 8hrs
- Region: USA Long haul
More Information about Los Angeles:
By plane, train, or automobile, visitors to L.A. will have no trouble arriving in style. Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) processes almost 75 million people every year. The 4th-busiest airport in the world, it serves 251 destinations home and abroad with nearly 900 daily flights.
The county’s Metro system of 200 bus lines and eight rail lines connects visitors to most neighborhoods in the area, while the quick, affordable DASH Downtown buses offer service to points of interest such as Chinatown, Union Station and L.A. LIVE. With the new Metro Expo Line extension, visitors can now travel from Downtown L.A. to sunny Santa Monica Beach in under 45 minutes, and further expansions of the public transportation system are already in progress.
Entering downtown, planners can enjoy a wealth of new meeting facilities suited for groups of all sizes. The stunning glass-and-steel Los Angeles Convention Center, along with the STAPLES Center and Microsoft Square, is part of the L.A. LIVE entertainment complex, a 5.6-million-square-foot entertainment campus. This 27-acre mixed-use development boasts more than six blocks of entertainment facilities, restaurants, cinemas, bowling lanes, music clubs and museums, including the 7,100-seat Microsoft Theatre, The GRAMMY Museum and four hotels: the 878-room JW Marriott Los Angeles, 123-room The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles Hotel & Residences, the 169-room Courtyard Los Angeles L.A. Live and the 219-all-suite Residence Inn L.A. Live.
Meeting sites in Los Angeles can take any form. Need something cutting edge? The stainless steel Walt Disney Concert Hall, designed by Frank Gehry, can seat 2,265 people and is home to the city’s philharmonic orchestra.
What about a taste of Old Hollywood? Host to countless premieres and three Academy Award ceremonies, TCL Chinese Theatre is one of the most sought-after locations for private events and screenings since 1927.
Groups can soak up the California sun by hosting an event among the 18,000 plants at the Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden. Or, wait until the sun goes down to make the most of LA’s vibrant nightlife. Restaurants and clubs such as Koi, Spago (Wolfgang Puck presides over two Michelin stars), La Boheme and Sky Bar at the Mondrian Hotel offer fine food and trendy music to liven up events of all sizes. One of the most sought after event spaces is High Rooftop Lounge at Hotel Erwin in Venice Beach, where the view over the beach and ocean will make attendees forget they’re in the second-largest urban landscape in North America.
Planning incentives in Los Angeles offers planners the opportunity to incorporate L.A.’s incredible and one-of-a-kind activities with the backdrop of the mountains, sunshine and beach. This makes for convenient, creative and bespoke programming. Horseback riding below the Hollywood Sign, shopping along Rodeo Drive, an immersive tour in a working studio, biking through Venice Beach, or jumping back in time with LA’s popular swing dance scene.
International trade, entertainment, aerospace, technology, petroleum, fashion and tourism dominate LA’s economy. The contiguous ports of L.A. and Long Beach also comprise one of the busiest ports in the world. Los Angeles has 23 of the 57 California companies in the Fortune 500 list and is home to 200 colleges and universities, including top research universities like the University of Southern California, UCLA and Pepperdine University, creating an environment rich in talent and ideas.